PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 21:52
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
My submission, sir, is not to write to a complaint system that is as deaf as a post.

My submission is to cease travelling by air, unless I have absolutely no choice (employer requires it, or a death in the family).

The security twits have indeed contributed to the utter disgrace that is the airline industry as we know it today: the authors of policy, the implementers at various airports, and the airline companies themselves, as well as the "numpties" all over.

I know how good air travel used to be. It isn't any more, hasn't been for about ten years.

The "security as theater" (well said, sir, to Piltdown Man) has penetrated into the cabin as well. I don't care for the attitude and demeanor of most CC I have run into in the past six years.

The one who now and again breaks ranks and behaves in a semi human fashion, as on my last employer enforced trip, made my day and made me sad all at once.

The cabin crew used to all be that warm and professional at the same time, once in a galaxy far, far away ...