PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 21:28
Paperplanes89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't spout out any opinions, I was merely wondering about the validity of a few rumours I have heard. The reason why people don't read this god-awful thread is that it is so littered of people bashing the scheme it would take me a year or so to find an answer to the simplest of questions. I didn't mention anything about the t&cs of the scheme or the 'morality' of the scheme on purpose because I'm sick of the pointless debate that emerges even when someone asks a simple question. ChinaBeached you are exactly the type of person who gives pprune its reputation, you seem to have made a career from pointing out the flaws of this icadet scheme. My suggestion is we should have one thread for those interested in applying and one for those who want to bash the scheme and come up with some wild predictions about pay/the state of the economy/inflation etc etc which in my opinion is borderline insanity. Yes, its not a brilliant program - far from it I expect. No, you'll never be rich. But come on lets allow people to work the financial side of things out for themselves and lets talk about more useful matters for the people who actually want to apply to CX, which is what the thread was originally intended for in my opinion.

If it's that bad then don't apply. Simple. Don't pollute the thread with garbage. Let wannabes be wannabes.

Now, I'm sure that I'll be rinsed for this post and that it has no impact on this thread, but do I really care? No, not really. But is it fair to call someone an ignorant fool for asking a question on a forum for people who are trying to find out more about pilot careers? My question wasn't exactly what is modular training, how many engines does a 737 have? Just calm down, and perhaps get out more.

Anyway, live long and prosper, hope to see you all in the sky one day.

Last edited by Paperplanes89; 7th Nov 2011 at 21:55.