PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The shortest runway you have ever landed wth jet?
Old 7th Nov 2011, 21:10
inbalance

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
kanetoads Scary to think 90% of you guys would would have killed everyone on board with an engine fart prior to V1...what heroes!

While getting in is part of the challenge, knowing you can get out, no matter what is the other part...lacking that, your just a cowboy who's boss has entrusted the wrong guy to fly the plane...let's hear it for reliable equipment...tends to make up for guys that don't fly with a back up plan. Just sayin.
Ok, Orville, or is it Wilbur ?

With the above posting you are showing that you donīt have any experience on Falcons, Citations or similar Aircraft.
Why do you open your mouth ?

Just one example about the the aircraft I fly at the moment, the C525B.

Take Off Field Length at 9596 lbs, thats one Pilot with 1000 lbs of fuel, is:

2707 ft.
TODA at Ganderkesee is 836 Meters, or 2743 ft.

We do ferry flights to that airport only, so no Pax and very light.
Dry Runway only. Do you think thats unsafe ?
Even more unsafe than Holiday charters to the greek islands during summer, where the big carriers have to leave some baggage behind because the runway is short and the outside temperature is above 40° C?

Landing distance there is 2258 ft with 9200 lbs Landing Weight.
Thats 688 Meter.
LDA is 799 Meter.
Landing distance is 50 feet above Threshold. I tend to touch the runway at the threshold, so I save a lot of feet and I usualy get to a stand still in Ganderkesee at taxiway C thats 600 meters.

So if you donīt have any clue, please do me a favor and mind you own business.

Inbalance