PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reduced Versus Full Takeoff Thrust
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 20:08
kanetoads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mutt...there is no question that the sum total of your aviation repertoire would fall flat in a person to person debate with me. It would be a slaughter.

Do I argue that pulling back the power to 50% all day long would extend engine life...no...nor would sweeping the runway prior to all departures, or flying only in land, never near the ocean, staying away from the desert, or ice, that could crack off the inlets and dent a blade...or also keeping the 200 hour pilots you hire off the throttles so as not to overspeed inadvertently...we could also start doing oil changes after every flight...

And in the end, it's some mechanic, probably the same guy that missed the jack screw at Alaska Airlines that is checking the blades...

All right Mutt...do you get it? Do you actually fly planes to understand what I am talking about?

So there you are lined up on the runway, pulling it off as far down the runway as possible on some misguided mission to save the company money, when in fact there are a hundred other ways to do so that won't compromise safety one iota.

Seriously Mutt, just shut up..your just too stupid to talk.