PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The origins of the Taceval
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 18:10
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FantomZorbin
PN
Remember that well! Lots of faces with question marks on foreheads I also remember that OC Chips got a lot of flak for not 'warning' the rest of the station as it was normal for the Catering Sqn to receive large quantities of steak for the aircrew feeder in advance of exercises ... allegedly
That be the Bomber Command 4-hour eating cycle then. The young PN, when weight gain was unimportant and no Mrs PNagger around) remembers a memorable Micky Finn to Ballykelly. It went something like this:

Hooter, crew muster, breakfast 0500, early lunch around 1030, disperse - inflight sarnis 1115, BK for post flight 1300, afternoon tea around 1700 (ham and chips), stack for the night, 1930 beer steak and chips in the OM, 2300 supper - more ham and chips. Regular food intake on day 2, then day 3 on state 0600, 0700 breakfast, 1100 eat the first two crews lunch (we were 3rd and 4th), 1200 scramble - inflight, 1600 land and post-flight and in time for the beer swill at 1800.

Magic.

or the time at ISL when they deployed all the rations forward. Huge block of mouse trap, and I mean huge, appeared on the counter in flying clothing. Now what did aircrew have in those days ?

After 3 days very small piece of cheese returned to stores. Sqn fund had to pay for the cheese.