PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Military Planning for Iranian Strike?
Old 7th Nov 2011, 12:11
SAMXXV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps the "V" force doubters & even the 1980's Tornado crews should understand.

I was the nuclear strike controller during 1988-1991 at Laarbruch. I had access 24/7 to ALL the nuclear targets during that period. The current Government could not give a poo as to their previous UK Government's intentions.

I'll now expect a "black ops" strike on myself in the next 24 hrs .

As all of the RAF German based RAF Tornado crews realised, there was no way they could reach the USSR & return without AAR. They accepted that. Each RAF Germany crew was given a target in Poland or Checkoslovakia & they trained for a nuclear bomb drop on most of those friendly cities.

I spent 2 years as an operations officer at Laarbruch & had a lot of night shifts looking at the (two man control nuclear) RAF targets. Each & every target during the 80/90's was a Polish, Chech or otherwise friendly city. The target information for each & every one of the 48 Tornado's gave a specific detail of exactly what kiloton (90, 300 or 900kt nuclear bomb was required to kill "x" thousand (or hundreds of thousands) in the major cities of Eastern Europe. Soley because the RAF could not possibly reach mother Russia. The idea was to create a nuclear vacuum between the USSR & N.Germany (as it was in 1990).

That was the sad case of, even then, a ridiculous BRITISH government, of wasters, just like today, who have never had to hold down a simple job such as a turkey inseminator, bricklayer, etc. etc.

So. For you who wish to identify me, I have made it very, very easy, & made it extremly easy for the USA to do what they want to...