PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 11:03
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like many others, I too have little regard for the numpties who man the security checkpoints nor the pointless, ridiculous rules they enforce. The DfT's "Better regulation for aviation security consultation document" suggests that there may be an improvement and I will take the time to make my submission (Thank you A and C & Fargoo).

The object of aviation security should be to make aviation safer by removing those who threaten it and the items they use to achieve their goals. As it stands at the moment, this is not the case. The system is little more than an expensive theatrical farce. Furthermore, I don't believe the legislators who write the law, the dumb executives create the policies nor the idiots who enforce it have a proper grasp of the real threats. Daily I see the holes in the system yet those who make our lives a misery at airports, the numpties at the checkpoints, couldn't be bothered. So I treat the system and those who enforce it with contempt it deserves. I won't be rude, I'll just comply. But don't expect anything else from me.

I hope the result of this consultation means that SeMS is implemented. But improvements will only occur if the feedback from the system is externally scrutinised. Those in the system have demonstrated they they can not be trusted and are unable to accept any criticism. To date, these goons have excluded outsiders "for security reasons" so we've ended up with the expensive, useless, and "unfit for purpose" procedures that we have to currently endure.