PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 11:02
olepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding if VAC is good or not I would say it all boils down to one big issue.

Looking back I what I miss from Nam is the private life. Luke Skytoddler gave a very accurate picture I would say.

What I don't miss is the time travel 50 years, at least, backwards you do if you come from a decent company, regarding flight safety, CRM and some kind of job security.
Don't get me wrong, this is not bashing of pilots from the "third world". Some of the guys I met was also the best and most professional ones I've ever met and some was the worst. As it is with a mix of guys from all over the globe.
What I'm talking about is this.
<Step on the wrong persons toes and you're immediately out. For whatever reason there could be. FO got fired because he annoyed the chief pilots son. Had absolutely nothing to do with flight safety, or even flying. I got my contract terminated because young FO with substandard English but right dad thought we were illegal fuel wise.
<Have a mishap, technical or operational, do everything right and according to the books and you're out or grounded anyway.
<Before going to work pray to whoever you believe in that nothing will happen during today's flights because the colleagues you're working with aren't able to communicate in English.
<Forever argue with people that see the MEL as a hindrance that should be cheated in the most convenient way.