PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th Nov 2011, 08:47
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senator XENOPHON: Could I ask you to provide, without breaching any confidentiality, the roster for your overseas based crew for flights in and out of Australia for October and this month?
Mr Buchanan: I can give you all the average stats. For instance, I look at the average hours of each roster and the average hours at each base. The average hours range between 27 and 30 total hours per week, and for flying hours it is around 20 hours. It is very similar across each of the bases. The average duty length for someone in Bangkok or Melbourne—or any of our other bases when they are flying internationally—is almost identical. They all come in at about 10.5 hours.
Senator XENOPHON: Does average hours include time people have off work? Does that figure include flight attendants who are office based and who do not fly?
Mr Buchanan: No, I am just talking about the active average duty time for people flying, and the base times are almost identical.
Senator XENOPHON: I would be grateful if you could provide that roster.
Sprung!!!

Senator X is now tuning in to the BB spin frequency!!

More to Follow

The Kelpie

Ps make sure senator X gets an un-doctored version !! Consider this a bit of friendly advice!!