PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Military Planning for Iranian Strike?
Old 7th Nov 2011, 07:49
500N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Leaving aside the technology arguments, I am also not convinced that there is any real prospect of Iran using nuclear weapons unprovoked. Clearly Israel wants us all to believe that this is a possibility, but what real evidence is there for it? Ahmadinijad often makes provocative statements, but these are largely for internal consumption. The reality is that he does not uniquely control the Iranian military, and there are pleny of wise heads in the background who realise that if they were to deploy a nuclear weapon they personally, their families, and most of Iran would be instantly wiped out by a massive unified attack from USA, UK, France, Israel and possibly even Russia."

It is interesting to see him get rebuked every so often after he has come out with one of his statements.

In some ways, I think Iran as a whole would be better off with someone who is slightly less inflammatory.

In regards to the discussion of the use of the term RH, I am as non PC as anyone and use similar words but I can understand why it shouldn't be used on a public forum, especially when we know that posts have been quoted in the media in the past.