PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The shortest runway you have ever landed wth jet?
Old 7th Nov 2011, 07:33
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my very first landing on a CJ2 (during the on-aircraft rating) at

Coburg - EDQC - with 2822ft runway lenght. Canīt say I felt to comfy, but the airplane was light and in the end it wasnīt that hard. Next landing then was in Ganderkesee.

Since 4 years we operate a Sovereign out of a 3323 LDA/3694ft TODA rwy.

No prob at all until now, but definitely not the place to have a brake failure...

If at lower weights (e.g. 4000lbs fuel plus 3-4 pax) we are airborne way before the 1/2 way markers, that is an estimated roll of 400 to 450mtrs. Quite impressive for a jet at 23000lbs...works quite well on my wrinkles, too... even at 30300lbs/15°C she is off after 600-650 mtrs (again an estimate)

Used to be a Elba a few times in a Citation V. Canīt say landing was an issue, I always was a bit tense regarding bird strikes and go arounds against the hills there...

Just looked up Powwatka Ridge Airport, at 3340ft elevation. Hats off to you, you are a brave man. I had the displeasure of flying an SII for quite some time and I always thought she is a real runway dog.
We used to fly to southern Italy a lot and when the regularly used airport was closed for Nato use during military action in Bosnia I think, we used Foggia. 4718 ft runway at 267ft elevation. We needed the almost the whole runway with 8 pax and 2 hours worth of fuel. It was hot (IIRC around 42C). I hate seeing hedges that close during initial climb....