PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 7th Nov 2011, 01:07
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My further view is that, if the current management can't operate the Company successfully, within the confines of the spirit of the Act, then they should step aside for an alternative Team.
Great words mate, if the management spent half as much time getting on with the job "competing with the opposition" rather than blaming everyone else by employing people like Freehills as consultants to change the playing field alienating the staff and its customers. These consultants have bogged down any positive constructive initiatives to counter the competition from the other international carriers. Other words, these consultants have hijacked the day to day running of the business by diverting the attention away from "positive action" to "what if we change this piece of legislation or IR rules etc" a lawyers picnic day aboard the gravy train...

Meanwhile the operational staff end up running the airline with no positive clear direction set by the management, only mixed messages always in the negative like,
1. we are moving somewhere to Asia with 120 single aisle NEO's that Airbus wouldn't have built without the support of Qantas!

2. Not investing any more in the International arm of Q

3. Ground the airline (the day after the AGM) not telling anyone, now offering free flights to say sorry, then in a few weeks AJ will announce a profit warning blaming everyone else but not recognising that in fact his decision to a lockout, the board supporting it all along, and their combined handling of all the issues this year leading up to the pending profit warning announcement, in real terms 80% caused by the management themselves.

I believe the long haul experiment with J* is starting to wear thin with the punters.... tried it once now want to go back to a full service experience which they prefer. The punters are discovering the "low cost" model for Australia long haul ain't that much cheaper than what the full service airlines offer. (EK 30 kilos baggage allowance.) Who wants to squabble with the restrictive low cost check in rules when you are traveling to London?

from another thread.

Revenue seat factor Qantas International was higher than Jetstar International. Jetstar actually went backwards 4.2% from same time last year.
I doubt in the long term Jetstar will ever replace the Q long haul traditional model. People will quietly vote with their feet leaving the Q group all together for the opposition. I wonder who management will blame when this trend becomes more obvious? The consultants?