PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 23:09
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mrs and I flew on the Geneva over four sectors over the last few years. Loads were good on all flights. Once a week last winter and the coming season is a total disappointment. I would not wish the M8 drive to connect with the DUB-GVA on anyone - you would want to have your head examined to go down that track.

When there are three aeroplanes rather than four at Cork over the winter schedule the above is bound to happen. Scarce resources and all that.

The highlight of the year so far for me during Cork's 50th anniversary celebrations (!) has been the visit of the four survey aircraft over the course of the weekend. Two Rockwell Commander AC-690s, one Cessna 340 and a Swearingen Merlin III of Aerodata Surveys arrived at Cork on Saturday between 1330 and 1530. In the fine and sunny afternoon these four arrivals were an exotic sight to behold at Cork. The four aeroplanes overnighted and went off again on Sunday morning on survey work and returned again around 1400 hrs to again overnight and they are due to leave us sometime tomorrow.

Real class.