PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 6th Nov 2011, 21:53
dream2flyaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alyssa & Everyone else

Hi Alyssa, I applied for V Australia International Cabin Crew back around June. I was then told that my application had been successful and I went to an Assessment Day. Since then I have been told I am now on hold for the next International GS, however they do not know when it will be as of yet.

I was only able to apply as they were recruiting for the position on their website. At this stage they are no longer recruiting. They are focusing heavily on Domestic as that is where the demand is.

I have been told by various people that once you are in Domestic, it is hard to transfer. I am not sure if this is correct, however I do have a friend who has been Virgin Domestic for 3 years now, and she has put in for a transfer a couple of times and has not been successful. I suggest you apply for the job you want, whether it is Domestic or International. You may have to wait, but if International is where your heart is (like myself) you will be willing to wait. Almost 5 months later, I am still waiting, but my dream and my passion is for International, so I will wait as long as I need to!!

As for the people who are asking about training. I am in contact with a few people who have recently been accepted for Domestic Ground School in Sydney and they have been told their training will be 7 weeks.

Hope this helps everyone, I know its hard to be in the dark, but hang in there! It will be well worth the wait!