PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Exodus
Thread: QANTAS Exodus
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 18:50
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of at least 20 have gone to JQ. I know two personally. Both are F/O's, very experienced F/O's. Because of ageing parents, because of family commitments it is better for them to stay in Australia, rather than chase the big bucks OS, both are saddened that they had to leave QF, but both are glad they got out as well. They know of more who are looking at JQ, for no other reason then they want to stay here, and they believe JQ will still be around for a while, that is more important then the drop in pay. I have one son on the JQ A330, two in QF, and the JQ bloke is far happier and more settled than the other two. The other two are confused, frightened to take on to much debt, re mortgages etc (believe me so am I, guess who will end up paying if they cannot!) and look to me to solve their problem. They are both home bodies, love their friends, their sport, their pets and their family, and this is the human side to this mess, that should not be. If they all end up in JQ, it might be for the best, and I never thought I would say that.