PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 6th Nov 2011, 18:22
Dixons Millions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clotted:

2. Joyce decided to invoke his only option, of PIA involving a lockout.
You are wrong. There was another choice available. AJ could have fronted FWA and threatened lockout on given day (i.e. we WILL be commencing lockout on Oct.....) and this would have then required FWA to accomplish same, except without the grounding of the entire fleet, saving Q 100M or so, and yet to be determined stupid amounts of $ in lost customers. AJ knew this. Why then the theatrics clott...?

aseanaero:

Is it really cheaper to maintain an aircraft in Asia ? Ok the labor cost is $25 an hour but the customs delays, back handers (how are they going to handle that ?) are going to be issues and the skill level ISN'T to Qantas standards with very few exceptions. I've had customers wait 6 months to get a D check completed on a B737 here in Indonesia !
Read a real good article the other day, about China becoming less and less competitive globally as time goes on. Wages on the increase, manufacturing costs on the increase...Western companies that once needed to have bases there due to cheaper costs/labour are now returning home to do it in-house. Why? Simple math, at 10 odd % inflation compared to the 3 odd % at home, they become expensive. Advantage lost. As a self proclaimed math genius one would think AJ would understand this. So offshoring engineering etc by the little man using the $ advantage as the excuse will soon, if not already, disappear.

My two cents worth? China is not the saviour of all Western evils (for many reasons, see another thread, Globalisation...) They are a bubble, one that AJ and his bunch of inbred clowns just don't see. As we all know, the big Q are always the last to the party. What was that game we all used to play, when we were silly and small like AJ, and about the same age...? Oh yeah, thats it! Pass the Parcel! 10 in the room, 9 chairs...AJ will soon be flying a fleet of shiny new A320 toys into China when the music has already stopped...

AJ, LC et al, your stupid Asian experiments will not work. Certainly none have worked to date, so why do you keep throwing good money after bad?