PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 17:24
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
security, restore the balance of power

I originally posted this in reply to a thread on the engineers forum but on reflection I think a wider audience find it of benefit .

The reason that security have become so powerful is there has been no control of their paranoid antics, for too long they have been judge and jury in their own court. The politicians don't dare restrain them in case they are seen by the press as being weak on terrorists so security can invent all sorts of new ideas. The numptys at the bottom love these powers and use them as only someone who's life is so empty can, the bosses invent these ideas so that they can make more money by employing more low grade numptys to enforce the ungraded rules.

For the first time in living memory the government has started an inquiry into aviation security, the results of this enquiry will form the basis if future security regulation.

The most important part of this for us is to have a formal complaint procedure that is independent of the airport security system.

To this end it has been proposed that CHIRP is given a formal role as a security watchdog.

I would recommend that you all go to latest edition of CHIRP and follow the links to the government security enquiry website and make your views known.

It is quite clear that the last thing that the security industry wants is an independent body monitoring their antics so your input to this enquiry is vital if you want some sort of control over this issue.

I have made my submission to the enquiry I urge you all to do the same, an hour on the computer will save you years of future trouble !