PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Military Planning for Iranian Strike?
Old 6th Nov 2011, 16:58
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Then its best to stop them before they DO get it.
Yes, but if we bomb too early, without accurate intelligence and fully debated justification, then we risk unifying the Iranian people behind Ahmadininjad for little real gain. Getting the timing right is crucial.

As the saying goes, get your retaliation in first.
And look where that got us in Iraq...

As to your implied suggestion that we should be looking at disarming while hostile parts of the world are building up their nuclear capabilities, that is just plain stupid.
I didn't propose that at all - just pointing out that the NNPT is dead, just another example of western hypocrisy and double standards in the eyes of the rest of the world. If I was an Iranian, I would certainly want nukes, given Israel's history of aggression towards its neighbours.

but they are NOT the primary target of Irans's export of Islamic terror. The whole west is their religious, moral, philosophical and military enemy. And they are dedicated to the Islamisation of the west
Where's your evidence for that? Ever been to Iran? Ever even met an Iranian? That is a gross generalisation and extrapolation from some very flimsy observations.