PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Passenger, 25, 'groped airline steward after drinking pint of whisky'
Old 6th Nov 2011, 16:02
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyflyer :
I have had my arse felt by straight stags numerous times in a bit of harmless teasing
It's all about time and place. I've been out with a crowd of mates and people mess around and do that sort of thing. It's not really my cup of tea but it doesn't worry me. For a complete stranger to do it to me under those circumstances was something quite different. I am not homophobic at all. If he'd given me a peck on the cheek or stroked my arm, or even perhaps given me a hug, I'd have been perfectly accepting of that.

One of my best friends is gay and we always give each other a hug and an 'air kiss' or peck on the cheek when we see each other. He would never, in a million years, think of grabbing my balls or kissing me on the lips.

Now, I ask myself what if the person who'd done this had been an attractive female rather than a gay male. As someone who is quite used to having women throwing themselves at me ........ no, seriously ..... If it had been an attractive female I would have been shocked and probably embarassed, but would certainly not have been angry or disgusted, nor thought of calling the police. To be honest I'd probably have asked her for her 'phone number!

Double standards? Sure. We all have them.