PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Passenger, 25, 'groped airline steward after drinking pint of whisky'
Old 6th Nov 2011, 15:55
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That happened to me once on an SAA domestic flight. He was a very camp gay passenger who'd been drinking too much and had been chatting up male CC for a date on the night stop in CPT. He was standing behind me waiting for the toilet and asked if he could go in front of me as he was, as he put it: "about to wet himself". I let him go in front of me and when he came out he kissed me full on the lips and grabbed my cock in a completely deliberate action. I was absolutely livid with rage, disgusted and repulsed but managed to resist the impulse to deck him.

After about an hour I'd calmed down, went to speak to him just before we landed, and asked the senior FA to cancel my request to call the police to arrest him on arrival. I didn't feel it would achieve anything other than waste everybodys' time.
And i'm not saying that was the wrong thing to do. Your initial feelings were valid and you had every right to insist on the police being called. The fact that you had requested the Senior FA to call the police kind of proves that in such a scenario it is perfectly reasonable to feel like such action is necassary. Just because you changed your mind it doesn't mean everyone would do.

For what its worth I think you did the right thing but you have to accept that some people wouldn't be able to let it go. I personally wouldn't have batted an eyelid be it a woman or a bloke who did it. In fact i've mentioned before on a previous post that I have had my arse felt by straight stags numerous times in a bit of harmless teasing. I actually take it with a pinch of salt but those guys/girls/whoever it is run the risk of seriously offending someone and they carry out their actions at their own risk.

What I find annoying though is the "blokes view" that just because it was a woman groping a guy it is so much more socially/morally acceptable because as males it's a dream and all we want to do is fk.....and as a consequence the male FA had no right taking it that far.