PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 13:08
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch and Rome DJ you could well be right and I have no doubt that some passenger will be reluctant to book with baby whilst there is uncertainty over it's future, but most don't read PPRuNe clearly there has been uncertainty over the future of baby for the last 3 years, but it hasn't stopped people booking with them
I often wonder if people stop to think that these lowcost airlines forcing people to pay by debit card means they have no credit protection. Maybe as only way to avoid baby fees is to pay by Electron, maybe more people pay by credit card than previously?

Personally, I imagine that baby won't suddenly stop like XL or SkyEurope, but there is a hidden risk no credit protection or even travel insurance will cover. If the airline stops, you might get back what you paid for the flight, and you may even be able to get refund on some ancilliaries, but if you have already made arrangements, chances are you will have to fork out extra for alternative flights, and that consequential is your problem.

For those reasons, I'd think twice before booking next summer with baby, and I think there are plenty of punters who read the news, even if they don't read pprune!