PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Booking Qantas flights, but no QF planes/pilots
Old 6th Nov 2011, 07:14
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Qantas still relevant?
Apart from the 30000 employees would anyone notice if QF disappeared?
Of course they will. Even more so than ever before. Why? If QF was to disappear, people will be asking for it. Once it's gone, it's gone.

If Joyce has his way it will.?
Hopefully the QANTAS Sales Act is ammended to stop him.

It doesnt compete on price
It doesnt compete on network.
Is it any wonder when management has been making very poor decisions on fleet selection. Not to mention the expenditure on fighting its workforce over the years, paying freight cartel fines and generally digging themselves out of very deep holes they put themselves into.

The network has been eroded over the years to make way for JQ.

Take the 11 A380s out of the equation and the res of the fleet is older than my grandmother.
Agreed. Take the 11 A380s out. Should have been 14 777s. Better breakeven points, much cheaper to operate, better passenger revenue per km, and the list goes on.

I won't involve your grandmother, as I'm sure she's a very lovely lady.

Air Australia out of BNE to HNL will make a killing.A 25 yr old 767 ith a 25yr old cabin to HNL with QF doesnt even come close to cutting the mustard.A lot of Qantas staff use interline and travel to HNL with Hawaiian.
When employees dont even use their own airline you know its stuffed
Maybe Air Australia won't make too much of a killing in its initial stages if at all. It has JQ, QANTAS and Hawaiian to compete with.

QANTAS are using the old 767s to HNL because it was decided that JQ should get the nice shiny new A330s whilst leaving QANTAS with the older 767s.

QANTAS staff book interline with Hawaiian, because the 3 flights weekly are heavily booked and it's near impossible to get a seat using staff travel, not because the airline is stuffed.

Hopefully this has addressed your statements and questions about QANTAS's relevance.