PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What could you replace a Chipmunk with?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2011, 05:38
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foxmoth,
l wasn`t interested in the ball. The chippy isn`t a looker but it flatters pilots, it is just perfect.
And if you read my post you will see that I realised that - but balance is not the right terminology because that DOES refer to the ball. I also think many will disagree with your statement "The chippy isn`t a looker but it flatters pilots," Looks good to me and it will show up a poor pilot - one reason it makes a good trainer.
Also very puzzled by your bit about spinning - posted after a few glasses of something maybe as it does not seem to make sense? When spin training was required there certainly WERE people killed through it, often though because they and their instructor had learnt spinning properly, often because they learnt in an aircraft that was normally very benign, then span in an aircraft that DID spin properly, but they had not REALLY learnt how to deal with it!
I also would like to know which aircraft you refer to in:-
People produced airplanes that " wouldn`t spin " until some *rse found a way
certainly before WW1 they produced aircraft that would spin -the spin killed a number of pilots and the first known spin recovery was as a result of Lt Parke RN getting into an unintentional spin in 1912.
???

Last edited by foxmoth; 6th Nov 2011 at 05:51.