PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 5th Nov 2011, 23:02
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well well well, some comments from the super chief, Dixon!
I appreciate that Geoff, as I have printed off your comments an placed the paperwork strategically in my ensuite ****ter.

Dixon babbled on about aviation being a brutal industry and adapting to a regularly changing environment, interesting. Is that why QF group managers were detained in Vietnam, freight cartel price fixing scams were uncovered, QF international has supposedly not turned a profit in eons despite all methods of managing the business under the iron fist of Dixon and Joyce? What about wrong aircraft choice and the travesty of not introducing the 777? Yes Geoff, Alan, et al, you have done a splendid job of adapting to a changing business environment to date haven't you?
In fact, if history is anything to go by, each decision you have made has negatively impacted the business (refer to the current share price as to it's $5.60 value from many moons ago) history would suggest that with whatever decisions you make, the exact opposite is more effective. That therefor means that grounding the airline, fighting the unions an making staff redundant is exactly the opposite to what the company needs to do to remain competitive and sustainable.

The nail in QF's coffin will be the Asian adventure that management excitedly are pursuing. I hope the burial plot has been dug because the coffin is ready to be lowered.