PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 5th Nov 2011, 13:24
RIVER1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas grounded

As a retired pilot from Ansett I watch with interest the QF situation and feel there are similarities in that large airlines can become uncompetitive with long inherited overly generous conditions of employment.The world is changing and if employees think a union is going to make their employer pay more than they can then they are destined to feel that shock of loosing your job and livelihood with an employer that you thought was just too big to fail.When I see the likes of Doug Cameron talking in the media I feel like pewking,why is it that when a labor party is in the whole industrial system goes down the drain with strikes and outlandish claims.When AN went down I was fortunate to be a financially independant business person and suffered less than many.AN was mainly a bad management and political problem but the entrenched conditions and entitlements probably kept possible purchasers away.People need to sit down and talk and maybe QF management are at fault to some extent but in my opinion the big unions and labor are a recipe for damage and pain.I do hope I am proved wrong but It would not surprise me if QF becomes a memory.