PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 5th Nov 2011, 03:51
schlong hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACTU against Freehills. Labor against Liberal. Corporate elites against workers. Thank God we live in a democracy. The Labor party performance in parliament this week has given new hope to the PM and Labor. Love them or hate them you have to admit that as Qantas employees it is reassuring to finally have the Government appearing to back us and using the weekends cluster * uck to high light the Liberals way of doing business. I was a liberal voter but perhaps never again. There is I believe after the GFC a ground swell of contempt for the way some Corporations behave and attempt to manipulate information for their own ends. To have a small voice through this and other forums plus the use of twitter during the FWA hearing gives me some hope. Imagine if the 89ers had the ability to communicate so freely and quickly as we do now? Bill Shorten said Qantas lacks leadership and now we can observe at first hand through live feeds, just how prophetic his judgement is.
I will be here at Qantas long after Clifford and Joyce are gone. We are like most employees the true custodians of Qantas. The true believers.