PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Nov 2011, 21:05
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, well I trust Joyce...............to lie again

Funny thing happened to me the other night, an old mate rang me up, has stuff all interest in aviation, and he began to quiz me over this whole sorry saga....

I was explaining to him years ago about...something...I forget precisely, it matters not, what stuck in my mind he pulled out the 'Glorified Bus Drivers' line

So I was somewhat intrigued when he called in the middle of dinner (I had to ring him back) and began asking about QF.

"Economic & industrial terrorism" was his phrase.....I found it was impossible to disagree.....

I was delighted that he had picked up on items such as how come it is illegal for unions to call snap work stoppages, even locally, whilst those that run the company can call (what amounts to the same) snap work stoppages globally, and blackmail the government.

He is in fact the same once very very Liberal supported who, after being shafted by Howards work choices has and will NEVER vote Liberal ever again.....Chalk another one up for Kattter

Anyway it was pleasing to see one so disinterested previously, take on an interest now, naturally I relayed to him, so that he could disperse to his friends and colleagues all manner of interesting items not widely or not reported at all in the main stream media.

He also had no idea of the chairmans lounge, he now understands who the members are

Righto! off to commit aviation on this lovely Saturday morning