PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Sharjah
Thread: RAF Sharjah
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 20:50
captain_salman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for your replies respected sirs And brakedwell sir thank you for your valuable feedback! This is what I am here for...to give and gain information and refresh some good time memories! Mr. Garey it is indeed classic aviation archaeological survey that I am doing, there is some unknown reason why I am doing all this, perhaps because somewhere I do not like to see things in bad shape.... which is why I wonder how these buildings would have looked like during their heyday! I just can't let go this classic aviation history of this area in vein!
I am fond of classic aeroplanes and my favourite of all is the Vickers Viscount and DC-3! Can anyone of you recognise this place behind the hangar...I mean what this place was? And what planes did this hangar supported... Please shed some light on the pictures above about the gates, the places etc....and most importantly your stories! I am here for your stories sirs.... I am very excited to be here amongst you fine people! Its an honour for me really...please pardon my restlessness I know I am a bit hyper about this topic but I am after all like your grand son and at this age everyone is hyper active more or less I just want to go back in history!