PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 18:29
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chopper: The Monaco Thread commences with a brief synopsis of Heli Air Monaco's history which I guess (without looking at the HAM site) is essentially the same. HAM is an intriguing outfit and probably the longest running (and most successful) helicopter airline in the world. Yes, they've had a few incidents over the years but, set against the number of trips flown and passengers carried, their safety record is superb. Interestingly, aside from 'flight seeing' operations this is probably the largest (in terms of passenger volume) single-engine public transport helicopter service in the world.

Heli Air Monaco, along with the Swiss operator Air Glaciers (which started in 1965) are two of the European light helicopter operators I greatly admire.

Re: the Enstrom, I'll try and dig up her registration and see if we can't get a better image and regarding the numbers yes, the little F28 chugged back and forth with (I guess) two pax, day after day all year round!

Estepo wrote: Post #1000. Congratulations Savoia - great thread which I always enjoy reading.
As with most things which are encouraging in this life the thread is very much a team effort - a product of numerous and varied contributions which combine to make it interesting. The exciting thing (if that's the right word) is that what has been debuted so far is merely the tip of the iceberg in terms of the available nostalgic material out there (much of it being stashed away in the lofts, cellars and garages of PPRuNe members!).

Given that we just displayed a couple of Gazelles on the previous page it seems only fitting to take another look at yours!

PPRuNer Estepo's Westland Gazelle HT2 looking resplendent in the Malagan sun. Malaga Airport January 2009 (Photo: Brian Richards)