PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a new badge to wear
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 17:55
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Given the number of otherwise pleasant villages in Suffolk, it is not unreasonable to assume one, at least, is the residence of an idiot.

However, leaving anthropology to one side let us have a look at this fabled Level 3 certificate, the one that, seemingly in contrast to say a mere engiineer for example, takes, erm, about 3 days to complete ( and note the intellectual content of "true / false" for the exam at the end...) and costs, in comparison to mere engineers, very little shall we say.

Level 3 Delivering Physical Intervention in the Private Security Industry Training

Now, try as I may ( and being a mere engineer please note ) I have read the documentation extensively and ( this may come as a shock to other mere engineers on here ) cannot actually find any reference or indeed requirement to be fully conversant ( as mere engineers are ) with aircraft maintenance procedures and the associated tools and equipment to carry out these procedures.

Please note, I have not included the training period and post training experience required for mere engineers in this search.

It stands to reason therefore that, with the award of a certificate after a 3 day course, a senior security officer is far more qualified to pass comment on, and indeed participate in, the requirements pertaining to mere engineers and their professional occupation, including the trivial detail of legal certification of the aforementioned procedures.

Edited to say that NO cynicism, sarcasm, denigration or defamation of character was included or intended in the above post.

Which does, of course, beg the rather irritating, and probably irrelevant ( from his perspective ) question for the poster in question.

Would you care to offer ALL of us mere engineers, a comprehensive resume of your engineering background and qualifications please....it could save us all so much angst you understand and indeed, we, and the world, are in thrall as to the basis for the views you have so kindly posted on here.

Feel free to take your time and become conversant with a spell checker when compiling your answer.

Last edited by Krystal n chips; 5th Nov 2011 at 17:27.