PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military IRT validity under EASA
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 15:54
jpboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please see the information below. It contradicts the advice I had previously been given and posted on this thread and it's source is Policy Dept CAA.

A ME IR is one of the pre-requisites in order to gain the first MPA Type rating. You highlighted the LASORS 2010 text of para F4.1 b) which includes the following: “A UK QSP who has held a Green IR within the preceding 5yrs is deemed to hold a ‘current and valid’ IR.” I confirmed that given the paragraph starts with ; “Hold a current and valid Multi Engine IR…….” it is reasonable to assume that all subsequent IR references would be in relation to Multi engine IRs, even though this may not be specifically stipulated. The requirement of holding a current and valid ME IR, or in the case of a QSP, a ME green IR (within the last 5yrs) has been, and is Policy.

Looking forward to next year, LASORS 2010 will be superseded by CAP 804 which will fully define EASA pilot licensing requirements. The document will be available on line, spring next year.

Finally, I will bring to your attention a paper (attached) that discusses the implications of EASA legislation and which may be viewed at ; http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/620/d-Sept2011_v2.pdf and paragraph seven discusses credit for military flying.
So unless you are on a multi-engined aircraft your Green Rating cannot be used to maintain your civil IR.

As previously discussed currently all mil accreditation ceases on 07 Apr 12 so this should only affect those imminently starting a Type Rating.

Left hand v Right hand, pse don't shoot the messenger.