PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 11:17
ZAZOO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"This action to restrict BA will end in tears for Arik.

I heard already UK suppliers to Arik are now demanding overdue bills paid immediately and any new transactions cash up front. They are worried UK Govt. will cancel the BASA and stop Arik operating into UK and then move to ban them from EU...

BA and VS can make money on other routes. Arik only makes money on London and that is in peak seasons only.

Believe me Arik needs London much more than BA / VS need LOS or ABV. Nigerians will suffer in the short and long term with higher fares and $$$$$$$$$$ spent on further bailouts. "

Are you serious. Are they serious. All that will do is escalate the whole issue believe me, that is not the way to go about the current palava my friend. This is the wrong mentality. This belief by some foreign airlines like BA of how we dont need to come here and we doing you a favor by coming to lagos and all that is so wrong I think blabla blaaaaa made that point clear and I agree with him cos I have experienced this for years with this airlines and their Bad Atitude.

Banning Arik from the EU..... Well lets see who suffers from that and believe me its not Arik that will groan about it and the Nigerian flying public will get to their destinations.

Lets be honest and try not to politicise this problem but look at how to put in a better policy for both countries.