PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LPL/MAN controllers -- opinions please?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2002, 20:34
Phoenix_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LPL/MAN controllers -- opinions please?

Any MAN or LPL controllers out there?

I was discussing a few days ago in my LPL departure brief the engine failure procedure. Our company procedures state to go straight ahead, that's what the performance figures are good for.

Now taking off RW09, straight ahead will take us near the MAN overhead. Ofcourse we would call ASAP that we'll deviate from the SID and continue straight ahead. But --

We thought of, if it took us some time to contain the engine failure and control/clean up the aircraft, it would be a good idea to actually head for the MAN overhead (possibly hold there),out of the way of their landing/departing a/c. By that time we should be nicely sorted out for an ILS06, and so not waste time turning back on ourselves for LOC RW09 @ LPL, and also giving us a 2 long RWY airport with ILS approach.

Now I've heard rumours that some MAN controllers say that we wouldn't do that, as it would cause great problems for you. On that day, we *would* have done that as that's what we briefed. It seemed a sensible solution to us, but do you guys think otherwise?