PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew
Thread: BA Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 10:51
DeepDene

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the "British" attitude sums it up very well with BA Cabin Crew. I've always found the cabin service routine to be very efficient and you notice the difference for example with many Gulf carriers where service can seem more enthusiastic but less efficient.
However, that British bloody mindedness unfortunately can and does kick in from time to time. I've never forgotten for example after a 6 hour delay out of Sao Paulo to Heathrow a few years back when the senior cabin crew member announced over the p.a. that the crew weren't going to serve breakfast before arrival because the crew had exceeded their contract duty time and didn't have to! No sugaring of the pill there; just straightforward crumby industrial relations flashed in the faces of the poor punter (dare I use the word Customer??).

The same unfortunately goes for other BA staff too - it's not just the crew. Anyone remember the check-in staff strike/go-slow a few years back and the marquees on the roof of Terminal 4 car park? Not forgetting queuing for hours at check-in for flights which had already departed empty? Distasteful and insulting!

I don't think BA staff are uniquely bad nor outstandingly good. What I really dislike intensely is being used as a fee-paying pawn in their IR games. I do have a choice however so while I don't specifically avoid BA, I will happily use other carriers if the ticket price and shedule are right.