PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Flight Simulator - University Project Question
Old 4th Nov 2011, 10:41
bwfly88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry should of been more clear, it is a real Sacota TB9 plane with it's tail and wing tips chopped off and it's based on MS Flight Sim supported by a 180 degree visual and simulated instruments so it isn't a certified sim or used for 'actual' training. It's just used by students at the University to support their studies. For my project I have been tasked with looking at how to improve the flight controls. It uses software alongside Flight sim and labjacks to power the motors. I need to look at writing some code using the speed variables outputted from flight sim and research some motors powerful enough to drive these forces.

But I have seen some amateur-built simulators (based on MS Flight Sim or X-Plane) that use springs to simulate control forces. The springs are tensioned by modified RC-aeroplane servos with increasing airspeed. Out-of-trim conditions can be generated by tensioning the spring only on one side of the control. Simple, cheap and accurate enough for a project like yours I think.
What Next, That sounds like what I'm looking for. Thank you for your info!