PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 4th Nov 2011, 09:13
McCormick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I did this assessment the 28 of September, i'm a bit late, isn't it?

Got a phone call 2-3 weeks later,

TR the 9 of January, still looking for someone to share a flat/house in AMS by the way hehe...

I guess my feedback would be very usefull,

My background:

- A-level with honors followed by 2 year technical degree in computer science,

- Cabin crew job at EZS + dispatch job at Dnata

- FAA PPL + Time building, San Diego. ATPL theory CPL-IR-ME, Bournemouth, UK. MCC, JOC, Oxford, UK (b737).

- All ATPL exams passed first time, CPL first time, IR partial then pass.

Assessment: (the facts only)

- Very kind, nice people there...They really put you at ease. I've had a very good feeling to be honest!

- Interview was short, 10-15 minutes. They did ask: How does IRS work? (hard i thought). What is dihedral?. The opposite?. Navigation devices on board? (IRS, ADF, RMI, HSI, ...you know what i mean, i don't remember exactly the question)

- What if you loose your medical?. 3 bases?. What would you do if Cpt says in cruise, if not visual at DA, i'll land anyway because i'm tired?. A situation of conflict in your job?. How much costs your training?. How would you get the money for the TR?. Introduce yourself?. (should be at the beginning by the way hehe). 3 qualities you have?.

- Sim, IMPRESSIVE. To be honest i don't really remember. Was short i think. Smoke/fire cabin. CRM CRM CRM first. We both had ILSs to fly. No big deal. Some steep turns, climbs, descents, basic stuff. We did a non-std SID by the way, even easier!!

ADVICES: (TO PASS THIS EXAM)

- Be calm, don't stress, be yourself...Ok, i tried, that's bull**** you won't be calm i know...loool

- Don't spend time reviewing your ATPL, it does not make any sense, just read ACE, to know what to expect! I read it 2 times, took some notes, check from time to time my ATPL...

- It is absolutely A MUST to do some sim beforehand...i did 4 hours in Gatwick at PMFlight, on the same aircraft. They know exactly how to prepare you for that...

- Smile, you should be well-dressed as well, shaved, extremely important!

- Learn the damn sim vertical profiles by heart. So that you can practice the day before in the sim at PMFlight hehe!!

- Review your CRM, calls, ect. Don't miss the important calls during T/O, Ldg, ...80Kts, V1, Rotate, ...

- Before jumping in the sim, everything should be clear with your partner, how's gonna handle thrust levers, ect...

- If you do a mistake, don't panic, i did some but they know you are here to learn...

- Try to review quickly emergency procedures with partner, the sentences you would say ect. I mean that could be different from countries... Do they know NITS brefing in Spain? (that's an example)

Here we go,

Good luck!