PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's get something straight
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2001, 23:30
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TB
with your IT experience, you may be able to do a bit of consulting on the side while instructing. I know this has tax implications, but if money's an issue it'd be worth considering. I'm not really qualified to talk about the IR following your proposed route, but I would have thought that it might be in your employer's interest to put you through the course so that you can teach IMC etc? I appreciate that it depends on who you're working for, but it's worth a try!
Nav
I assume from what you say that you're going to pay your own way through the hour building, rather than go the instructor route? In which case I'd most certainly get an FI involved from time to time, both to set you a 'syllabus' to follow and to occasionally check that you're progressing as well as you can. In your career ahead, progress and other checks become part of your way of life; you could well profit by getting used to it now!
I shan't comment on what may or may not be part of the mentoring scheme, but you've given me something to think about, thanks!