PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2011, 01:31
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused

I dont understand why people fail to see how much of an insult this cpp package really is. As a captain you will not be that much better off than a 3rd year SO on Cos08!!. I'm passionate about flying along with all you other wannabes, but becoming an airline pilot is a LIFESTYLE, no more no less. As an airline pilot i expect a good lifestyle for me and future family. With this cpp, that will be difficult. All "negetivity" aside (valuable info you decide to ignore), ok realistically as a young single person you can live "reasonably" on this cpp conditions, its doable no doubt.... but 12 years from now as an FO you will not be living the lifestyle you deserve. Now before this becomes an "aviation is not what it used be" debate, i agree with that statement but my gosh this package is pure scum and actually makes me sick. No wonder CX lacks transition guys like CB etc, they know better and knocked back the cpp. All you have to see is the "cpp captain vs Cos08 SO" facts to see how bad this really is. Maybe someone with better info (CB im looking at you my friend lol) can outline in detail exactly how worse off you will be as a capt on cpp than a current SO on Cos08. Thats my 2 cents worth. 77W