PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 19:56
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Allowing two F/Os, neither of whom had been trained in manual flying at altitude, to cross the ITCZ unsupervised with a known type-wide problem regarding UAS resulting in enforced manual control is in the realms of the unthinkable to start with - would you not agree? It's almost priming the system for an accident eventually!
No, i would not agree. You want to pull my leg with such BS.

neither of these pilots had the fast jet experience you do that required this knowledge, and I'd venture to say that the only thing they'd be told to do regarding perception of acceleration and G would be to ignore it and concentrate on the instruments.
You need no fast jet expierience to feel the difference between 1.0 g and 0.8 g. My 75Kg would be 60Kg. And that reduction from natural 1g was not for a second like in turbulence (recurring short frequenced loading and unloading, feeling like bumps), but for much longer time .

In our jet we did the extension maneuver (unload and accelerate out of a dogfight) with 3.5 unit AOA equaling around 0.5 g. Most guys in training did stop the maneuver too early after felt 10 seconds, when only 5 had passed and at the beginning didnīt do the unload further then 0.7G

Concerning the "ignore it" passengers and CCīs would beat the hell out of you after .8 gīs for some seconds. Therefore it would be natural that they tried to keep it to the minimum in amount and time possible like they would do on any flight.

Your first comment shows some sarcastic talking, and the last one that you have very limited ideas concerning flying itself.

If that comment now offends you, so be it.

Last edited by RetiredF4; 3rd Nov 2011 at 20:52.