PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female Passenger, 25, 'groped airline steward after drinking pint of whisky'
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 17:50
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyflyer -- That's a good input. No, I don't think you're playing devil's advocate but you're opening up the discussion.

May I select one sentence from your thoughtful post?

"....the full wrath of the law"

Have we really got to the stage in these politically correct times of applying the full wrath of the law on otherwise law-abiding folk who do something silly - and pretty harmless? A criminal conviction hangs over someone for the whole of their lives. If it is 'sexual' then they might even be required to sign a register as they move around. The way airlines work, I wouldn't be surprised if the young lady was not banned from air travel. It's said that she's South African. How can she visit her family if she's banned from airlines?

Blimey. Where is our collective sense of proportion? Please, please please, don't pass cases onto the Gestapo without thinking it through; what would you feel if it was your son/daughter? Or you, or your partner?

Evil people need to be 'taken out'. As we all know, people -- normally nice people -- do silly things when travelling. Please cut lots of slack )