PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 16:15
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dozy
Originally Posted by TTex600
My generalizations regarding the way an Airbus is hand flown are correct.
No they are not. The amount of control the sidestick gives you is *way* in excess of what the autopilot turn control in a conventional airliner gives you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTex600
NOTHING you say or write will change the FACT that the SS does not directly control the control surfaces in other than direct law.
You're missing the point I made that the yokes of more conventional airliners do not directly control the control surfaces either, and that has been the case since the late '60s.
Dozy, I'm through going counter point - point with you. You argue like a politician. You restate your opponents questions into the question you want to answer.

I never mentioned autopilot turn control in a conventional airliner. I stated this in post #613: "As long as the FBW is in normal law, the SS is nothing more than a autopilot input device. Adding a bank request through the SS is the same as turning the heading select knob on the flight control panel. Both actions result in the autopilot turning the aircraft". Nowhere in that statement did I in any way compare the SS to an conventional (your word - which I find quite ironic)autopilot turn control.