PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's get something straight
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2001, 18:11
Token Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Let's get something straight

OK, in light of the recent thread entitled 'Brymon, this is unfair', I think it's time for a new thread on 'how to get that 1000 hours'. I'm not going to get into an argument about whether or not it is fair that Brymon lower their requirements for integrated graduates, that's what the other thread is for. Let's just talk about the best way to get a useful 1000 hours.

My plan is to go modular, like most people I do not have the time or money for an integrated course. However, unlike most people (it would seem) on this forum, I have never for a second imagined that I would walk into an airline job with 250 hours. I'm not daft. My plan is to sod the IR to start with and do a flight instructor rating. However, does this mean that I will end up with 1000 hours in singles and airlines still won't be interested 'cos I've been stuck in one-crew ops forever. This point was mentioned on the other thread.

My question is - is there a way round this or is the modular route basically dead in the water?

Also, how does one get multi-hours as an instructor. Presumably by instructing on twins. Presumably there is an extra rating for this. Does anyone know if there are any bizarre pre-requisites, such as 'you must have been instructing on singles for "blah" number of hours'? Would having a decent amount of twin hours in the 1000TT help allay the fears of the airline that you may be an old dog who can't be taught new tricks?