PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA President Drops the ball on Lateline 31/10/2011
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 20:48
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it is, in this relentless push to Asia by Joyce, and going into a already over saturated market, with the bones of already failed companies both in Aviation and other types of business littering the place, the chance of success for QF is not very high especially in Japan. So what then happens to the Mother Company? What last weekend showed us in no uncertain terms was despite the mutterings of Qantas being finished, it is anything but. It showed how much Australians rely on their National Carrier, it also showed how much Australian business and tourism relies on their National Carrier, and the outrage of it being taken away was palpable. Yet Joyce is prepared to risk all this, and sail the company into uncharted waters, and risk the welfare of all its employees and their families. If Qantas fails in Asia, as it surely will, what will be left to salvage? Can it continue to fly in Australia if there is anything left, or will JQ take up the slack, and do what we all thought it would do in the future anyway. So many questions, so few answers, but I fear for the company and its people, and I fear for the future under this bloke and Clifford. What a sad day for this country it will be when the future generation cannot further their dreams of being a Qantas pilot or Engineer, then for no other reason than the positions have been filled from those from Asia.