PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adopt a Military Grave
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 10:49
afhelipilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is great to hear about the others taking care of the monuments and graves. I ‘m also taking care of the monument, which is still relatively unknown, and which is dedicated to the WWII pilots and others…Basically, the history of this monument is more less similar to the one at.... where a plane crash took place….just in terms of the history. As both are surrounded by the huge cementeries.Some of the survivors who managed to build the monument were my future instructors. As its happens many ( thousands )at a time while reaching the freedom faced the plaque of the tropical sicknesses and died in pretty harsh conditions while the others survived. However, the monument as had learned from the survivors was a form of a gift to a country for being accepted and many reminded in an area at latter . As I was told by the survivors and it is a truth that they shall be always ( at least ) remembered by the people who accepted them …. I do not wish to talk too much about this monument, as I feel a little bit embarassed.