PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 08:28
Sirijus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small Planet Airlines is in Avia Solutions Group as is BAA, however both are different companies and BAA offers BT and LT not only in it. I talked to a colleague and she mentioned that an A320 self-financing group who have just finished are having their base training with Vueling and Line Training with Atlas Jet. We also have agreements with other companies and are always opting for the best solution for our students.

About the airline itself and the things you mentioned – neither can I agree, nor can I disagree. Again, we are different companies.

About the instructor incompetence – we have around 300 instructors from all over the world and of course not all of them will be perfect. But after having a bad experience with one or two, it is unfair to blame them all.

If the living expenses are too expensive for you, there are cheaper options (which would require some sacrifices – safety, comfort, convenience, etc.). However the price in a hotel seems quite fare for me.

About the line training costs – these do seem high and I can not comment too much here because nobody told me the exact prices and that depends more on the airline than us.

I can not disagree that BAA is not the cheapest TRTO in the business, but being the cheapest would mean that quality should be sacrificed in order to maintain that cheaper prices. However the price you said (20500) is something I can hardly believe in. That is why I‘m asking: could you send me the e-mail you got from us with the offer? We would like to investigate how such high prices were offered. Also, what do you know about our graduates being unsuccessful in the Easyjet assessment?

Anyway, we are sorry that you and your friend had a bad experience with BAA. The academy is doing its best for the students, but sometimes, no matter how seldom or how often, it may not be enough.

I personally wish you and everybody else a good luck with your careers, and hope you will find what is best for you.

P.S. If somebody has doubts about the academy, you can check BAA‘s Youtube channel for interviews with students or just buy a ticket and come and visit it. For the correct prices – you will find the e-mail on the website.