PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 06:53
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mea Culpa

Sav

I cannot work out why but there are huge chunks of this thread that have passed me by. I have just caught up with Red Flag's posts (pages 6 etc) for the first time and owe him a huge apology for not coming up at the appropriate moment with the necessary denials and hope the possibility of legal action will be long gone. My very best regards to Ken and his son. The ferry flight was 'interesting' to say the least.

To make up for my absence I attach a picture of me and my old friend A-AZTI which became the UK's first air ambulance in April 1987. She has been converted to the role by Rotortech Bourne and donated by Bond Helis for the 3 month trial that went on to be the rest of the year and then onwards for the next 24 years courtesy of the First Air Ambulance Trust. Photo c/o Peter Chesworth who was on assignment to The West Briton newspaper. The West Briton was running a fantastic support agenda for the AA and made a huge difference. There is a full account on The Cornwall first Air Ambulance, how it started which with some embarrassment is running a story about my role in that epic story. Don't beat me up - it's all to do with the upcoming celebrations for 25 years and we will be auctioning the smart red overalls I used to wear on that operation to raise more cash for a unit that is very proud of its 20,000+ missions. The auction venue is likely to be close to the start date of April 1st (next year) and before any wag chips in I am not selling them because I can't fit into them any more - but they would be right, either they have shrunk or.... !

G.

Last edited by Geoffersincornwall; 2nd Nov 2011 at 18:54.