PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK hiring DEC's for 2012.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 05:07
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Do you really think any widebody LH pilots are going to leave Germany to go slave for Emirates? How about Delta or Air France pilots?
Arr...now the goal post shifting starts. Who said anything about Germany, Air France or Delta (though we have Pilots from all three).

For the record on the last round of DECs how many pilots came from top airlines that were flying international, widebodies as captains for top tier airlines?
Again, not what you said. You said:-

Hardly any qualified, international, widebody captain is going to leave their airline to go to the middle east and slave 95 hours for Emirates.
Was there a single mention of Europe, America or "Top Tier" in any statement you made?

Some of the best pilots i've come across fly here and are from places like Ethiopia,Malasia, Brazil and Uraguy, and there are many qualifed, experienced wide body pilots from those places who would gladly come here, and I have a feeling a boat load of QF guys will soon be following.

...Or don't they count??

So Emirates is going to recruit DECs and I will bet you a month's salary that they will not get 10% of the total DECs that are currently flying international widebodies for a good airline.
Not what you said, not what I bet. Are you willing to stick with your original statement, or is this an admission it was wrong?

And are you saying only pilots from what you define as a "Good" Airline qualify as "Good" pilots?

We all know QF won't scab (DEC) after all they went through in 1989.
QANTAS weren't involved in '89 (but you knew that, right?), and I have several QF freinds interested in coming here DEC.

Don't take our jobs but we can take yours.
I have no idea what that means in this context.

That being said, I repeat-EK would not need DECs if it simply changed it's upgrade policy. I am not supporting hiring DECs, I'm just pointing out that New Tomcat is mistaken if he thinks we wouldn't recieve enough qualified applicants.