PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish LOT 767 wheels up landing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 03:59
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I'm on a 'roll'; Sanjet, what if they had the C Hyd fail 1 hour prior to landing? The various bits of landing gear would have still been exposed to the same environmental conditions for the same time and I'm pretty certain Mr Boeing's components are meant to survive those conditions on every other flight the aircraft makes.

For the record, I'm in the 'continue' camp. Presented with the same symptoms after leaving Newark, having run the QRH, established there's nothing else wrong with the aircraft and agreed the same with my mate(s) on the flight deck, I would have done exactly the same and pressed on to WAW.

Having sown that seed, I'll now shut up and leave the Flight Sim 2000 brigade to shout down how wrong I'd be and how we don't know what caused the damage to cause the leak, that might have also damaged a pump that could overheat and set fire to the hyd fluid spraying from a leaking hose, causing the aircraft to crash in a huge fireball and proving, therefore, that my decision would have been wrong