PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 02:48
pilotcpb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i spent the last 10 days reading this entire thread. i have now read all 171 pages. i managed to come up with a few questions:

1. when joining, will HR be a bit flexible with the date i actually fly to doha? i ask this because one chap seems to have arrived at his lodging at 7am and was expected back to be back at HQ at 9am for a full day of fun..... i would like a day to get used to the place a bit before the game starts.

2. it has been a month now since i completed the interview but i have received no word on the outcome. i am anxious because i have another offer but qatar is my top choice and i really want to know soon it seems the vast majority of applicants who wait were successful. LATELY, are there many exceptions to this that i have missed?

3. is it a bad idea to contact HR by phone? i KNOW they are busy, but will it create a bad impression? reference above

4. anyone care to expand on the story about a captain who was fired for drinking a bottle of evian? the story from over 2 years ago was very vague.

5. i enjoy cycling and mountain biking. after visiting doha i concluded that only a mad nutter would take to the streets on a bike, but there is a cycling club called qatar chain reaction. anybody familiar with this group?

6. any rosters on the a320/777? just kidding