PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish LOT 767 wheels up landing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 02:02
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reading the observations, questions and responses on this thread, I'm astonished at how few contributors to this site are "PROFESSIONAL PILOTS".
Well, the mods seem to favor other postings now that this is a commercial forum, their right I suppose. Many of the knowlegeable veterans (e.g. Ignition Override and Shore Guy) have either left or rarely post any more after some of the summary deletions. I can certainly relate.

On the face of it, there must have been multiple failures on this aircraft. C hydraulic system, Altn Landing gear system? The question will be why.
Some of the pictures posted earlier on this thread seem to show the tailskid down which would imply that C HYD was available at some point after the gear handle was put down. Unless of course, they crossed the pond with the gear up and the tailskid out, you would get both a Tailskid light and a Tailskid EICAS message in this condition. The tailskid on the -300 does not deploy with alternate gear extension.

This picture shows some of the spoilers (7 and 10 perhaps?) deployed on the uh, rollout:

Photos: Boeing 767-35D/ER Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

With engine nacelles scraped some further loss of hydraulics would be expected but perhaps not instantaneous, this was the case in a 737 gear up touch and go incident in TXL years ago.

Apologies for talking shop here but some of us actually do fly for a living...